Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sound Relief

Saturday was a reminder of why I like live music, though still prefer smaller events but because of what we got to see it was worth the sacrifice. When we got there I could not fathom that I could last the whole day and Hunters whom who I was most keen to see weren't on til 8. It didn't work out like that at all, you didn't really want to leave your seat (except to get up and dance) in case you missed something. While they were bumping out the old band and bumping in the new one they would cross to Sydney so you got to see the Sydney bands while you waited.
We got there while Jet was playing who were followed by Kings of Leon who were really good. They crossed to Coldplay around this time in Sydney and they rocked too.

Paul Kelly was next and he played his song I like most (to her door) but he blew the stadium away when did an acapala ballad to close. No-one else would be game enough to do this in a stadium to 80,000 people and he pulled it off. I kind of grabbed you heart and took your breath away.
It was pretty amazing the mix of old, new, 'alternative', mainstream, hip hop and whatever.

When the hip hop band came on I was hoping they didn't play for too long. Well I thought too soon. They were really fun and you actually found your self bopping along, they were Australian too.

Then there was Liam Finn (son of Neil) and friends. You(speaking for myself) were led to think was only going to be Jimmy Barnes daughter whom he does a crazy gig with when they all change instruments all the time, but if you thought about it you might have guessed (Split Enz was playing later) that he was going to invite his uncle and father to join him and magically Crowded house appeared before us. I have seen them before and I love them. This to me was a special treat as i wasn't expecting it.
I will finish this post later.

No comments: